Thursday, September 17, 2009

My First Necklace: Red Murano Glass Beads and Rustic Metals

My first attempt. I don't enjoy making necklaces, there's this fuss over balance and symmetry that gets in the way of my quick fix. I guess I'm not that patient with necklaces, except for this one I really enjoyed the process.



I had my eye on the red murano glass bead bundle since Day 1 at Wellmansons, Quiapo. It cost me P80 ($1.80) for 6-8 pieces of glass. The earth stone came from Kuya Tim's store (the DIY Beads Shop) at P300 for 4 strings (8-10 pieces in each string)  from their earth and stone collection. The metals I got from deconstructing an old Cindy Carol bracelet I got for P50 ($1.10) at Glorietta.

I'm thinking of making the necklace longer instead of a choker. It would make a great multi-layer or 3-tier necklace that reaches the chest area.

I still have no idea where I would wear this though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment